Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only
<snip discussion>

Wearing my moderator's hat, can I please ask that we don't discuss this
particular subject any further?

The topic of whether or not sender callouts to arbitrary senders are
good or evil has been done to death several times on this list.

Those who are long-time subscribers have seen both sides of the topic
many, many times. Some sit on either side of the fence, some sit in the
middle, others don't care at all.

The point is that the functionality exists - those who choose to use it
do so and should take note of, but not necessarily heed, the advice
given by others.

Whether or not the bandwidth, resources, time, energy or other things
consumed by the approach are good or bad is a discussion for those who
are passionate about it to have over a drink at Philip's farewell
dinner. See you in Cambridge!

Graeme