Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> What I'm looking for is that part of the name that someone could register.

Somebody could (did) register ac.uk with the owner of the uk zone.
Somebody (else) registered cam.ac.uk with the owner of the ac.uk zone.

I think you may need to understand the concept of DNS zones. That's
about the nearest concept that seems to be what you are trying to do.
But even that won't help. As has been said, for cus.cam.ac.uk do you
want cam.ac.uk or ac.uk? Both exist as separate DNS zones. If we make it
abstract, when you see x.y.z.example do you want z.example or
y.z.example? You can't tell just by looking at it.