Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address

Página Inicial
Autor: Richard Clayton
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address
In message <Pine.OSX.4.58.0706251021100.432@???>, Dave
Lugo <dlugo@???> writes

>On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>> I don't care to argue about why I want it. I just want it. I just want
>> the next part before the TLD.
>>

>Not to be rude, but how does it feel to want?
>
>I don't think you're going to be able to do this for every case,
>and get it correct, without checking WHOIS to see if the SLD/whatever
>exists.

It's not possible to get it anything like correct without a list of
exceptions.

Although .uk is (mainly) tidy, so that the next level down is quite a
short list (ac., co., me., parliament etc), you should note
that".com.cn" exists (indeed co.cn used to) but a bare ".cn" is very
widely used. Then consider companies selling "uk.co" domains, "us.com"
domains, "sa.com", and so on and so forth.

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin