Re: [exim-dev] Bug: No warning or default for missing retry …

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Bug: No warning or default for missing retry section
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 20/06/07, Andrey Melnikoff <temnota+news@???> wrote:
>> This is bad. I think - default retry 1h is should used.
>
> Why?

Seconded. The exim specification says about "32. Retry configuration" in
the second sentence: "If there are no retry rules, temporary errors are
treated as permanent."
I think that makes it quite clear what happens. Further, to me the
current behaviour seems appropriate and does what people might expect.

OTOH one could think about writing a logline if any of exims config
sections are missing completely. (And maybe too if they are functional
empty.)

> And how would you configure for no retries?

Using a retry section with just one line containing "* * "?

lg,
daniel