Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim

Author: Mike Barnard
To: Martin Justra
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim
Martin,

it would help to see the results of doing an exim -d -bt
user@???....depending
on your platform, look at what options exim gives for the -d flag, you can
turn on extra debugging which may show you exactly where the problem is.

the string that you need to look at is this

"${lookup mysql{select users.uid from users,domains where localpart =
> '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' and domain = '${quote_mysql:$domain}' and
> users.domain_id = domains.domain_id}}"

if you are familiar with sql, get the sql part of this statement, replace
the variables with real items and run it in your sql server

select users.uid from users,domains where localpart = 'user' and domain = '
domain.com' and users.domain_id = domains.domain_id

I cannot find anything wrong. It seems like every catchall-mail gets
> that error but it is delivered I think.

the test delivery should give more detail on this. let us see the result of
the test and then proper help can be given

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.