Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim

Author: Martin Justra
To: Mike Barnard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim
Hi Mike and all,

>> are all similar and look like that:
>>
>> 2007-06-19 08:47:58 1Hxpfh-0004RB-VB Failed to find group "" from
>> expanded string "${lookup mysql{select users.uid from users,domains
>> where localpart = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' and domain =
>> '${quote_mysql:$domain}' and users.domain_id = domains.domain_id}}" for
>> the virtual_delivery transport
>>

> look at your sql string and make sure it is looking at fields that exist in
> the database, also make sure that the database does have this result....you
> can try and manually run the sql statement filled in with the correct values
> for the person its failing for. also try to test delivery to this account
> and take a look at the output.....
>
> exim -d -bt user@???
>
> will give you details of what happens and you can check where it fails. (you
> can use -d+all to give you more details) (man exim)

I cannot find anything wrong. It seems like every catchall-mail gets
that error but it is delivered I think.

First it is passed by the virtual_domain_catchall who passes the mail to
virtual_delivery.
With exim -d -bt it goes right till virtual_delivery and then I cannot
see any errors

Can anyone say me where to search exactly? I don't know what to do :-(

Martin