Re: [pcre-dev] sf.net bug tracker

Author: Andrew Ho
To: Nuno Lopes
CC: PCRE Developers
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] sf.net bug tracker
Hello,

NL>OK, so I've started to look to a few bug reports...
NL>At this point only one person (CC'ed) can close those bugs.

That user happens to be me. I'll try to get around to cleaning these
out, however, I believe it is also possible for anybody else to sign up
for a SourceForge.net account, and I can bless them as being associated
with the project and able to edit releases and bugs and so forth.

NL>What I would like to propose is to start using for example exim's
NL>bugzilla, so that we have something more official and so that the
NL>maintainers (the current and the future ones) can manage them as they
NL>whish.

That would be fine with me as well, although to be honest I am not sure
how to disable the SourceForge.net bug tracking functionality, which I
have assiduously ignored for years. I could put notes on pcre.org and on
the SourceForge.net project page pointing at the right bug reporting
mechanism, though, which would hopefully reduce bugs to the wrong place.

Humbly,

Andrew

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves                         Andrew Ho
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.                  andrew@???
  All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.          http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/