Re: [exim] Can Exim filter 'quoted-printable'sectionofemails…

Author: David Woodhouse
To: anthony.honeyfield
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can Exim filter 'quoted-printable'sectionofemails?-Revised
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 15:56 +1000, Anthony Honeyfield wrote:
> I like your proposal, I'll have to think through the implications, ie:
> future webmail interfaces and alternate mail programs (Thunderbird
> etc).

It should theoretically work with any non-broken mail interface.

If you use a mailer which is broken enough to omit References: headers,
then you may have to include the job ID in the subject of every outgoing
message -- but your current implementation requires it in the body of
every message anyway, so that's not such a problem, I suspect.

(Note that I mention this because the version/setup of Outlook you're
currently using _is_ broken w.r.t. References: headers. RFC2822 says you
SHOULD have them; your replies don't).

(Another possibility I didn't mention is just to use a different From:
address per job. Such as Anthony.Honeyfield+000@...)

--
dwmw2