Re: [exim] Smtp-Authentication problems (using courier-authd…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Andreas Kahl
Kopio: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Smtp-Authentication problems (using courier-authdaemondon debian etch)
On 2007-06-12 at 20:42 +0200, Andreas Kahl wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a exim4.conf saying: (I copy the lines, I suspect to be important)
> <<
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = localhost
> [...]
> accept authenticated = *
> [...]

The "accept authenticated = *" is one item amongst many in an ordered
list of tests for the RCPT ACL test.

In the first section of your config should be a line defining which
named ACL test is to be used for "acl_smtp_rcpt". You need to post that
ACL here -- all of it.

You can get more diagnostics, running a debug Exim; this won't detach
from the terminal, so you'll see what's going on. For instance:

# exim -d+acl+auth -oX 26 -bd

and then tell your mail-client to talk to port 26. If you have special
rules for things like "submission ports" then you'll need to look at
that too, to ensure that these are available on port 26; if you are the
only user and can afford to take down the mail-service, then you can
just do this on the regular submission port, of course.

-Phil