Re: [exim] Latest expansion operators

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Latest expansion operators
On 2007-06-07 at 17:56 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Changing the subject here. I haven't used these operators and I'd like
> to see some examples of how people have put these to use. Anyone have
> tricks to share?

Sir, if I might make a suggestion?

Search the archives of this mailing-list.

I posted about three and a half weeks ago with some examples
demonstrating the use of "forany". I'm confident that you can find the
post with that hint.

You might have more convivial relations with other posters to this list
if you more frequently demonstrated a willingness to do some research
yourself instead of expecting us to explicitly help you with every
problem as unpaid workers in administering your mail-system. There's a
difference between asking for help with solving a problem which has
stumped you, demonstrating in your mail what you've tried, the work
you've done, etc, and asking people to do your work for you ("I need X,
do it for me, chop chop"). The former asks a community to help one of
its members, the latter is abusive.

You might find:
<URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
helpful. If you don't have time to read it all, please do read the
Introduction and "Before You Ask".

Regards,
-Phil