Re: [exim] Blocking HELO with IP, but not for autenticated u…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking HELO with IP, but not for autenticated users
Hello Lucabert,

Luca Bertoncello <lucabert@???> (Fr 08 Jun 2007 11:07:52 CEST):
> Hi, list!
>
> Another problem: I'd like to block the HELO/EHLO with IPs or not FQDN, but I
> MUST allow this for all my autenticated users...

You can't block at HELO-time, since at this time you do not know about
authentication yet.

But you can use the helo checks later, after giving the client a chance
to authenticate (in the mail acl).

> I want to reject these E-Mail as soon as possible.

"possible" depends on the information you expect from your client.

> Has Exim an ACL that be called after "MAIL FROM"?
> If yes, then I can reject the E-Mail with invalid HELO/EHLO and not
> autenticated direct after MAIL FROM...

It's documented, even in the example.conf.gz (acl_smtp_mail).

--
Heiko