Re: [exim] verify = header_syntax usage

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arthur Hagen
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] verify = header_syntax usage
On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 16:44 +0200, Renaud Allard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do much people here on this list use "verify = header_syntax usage" to
> deny messages. I was just looking at my logs and it seems most mails
> tagged by this kind of rule are ham. so I was wondering if/how people
> here use (or not) this ACL.

My generic rule of thumb is to enable any and all compliance checks for
*outgoing* email, but be as liberal as possible with *incoming* email.
For outgoing email, if something is rejected, the user or admin can be
educated, and you create responsible users. For incoming email, you
have no such opportunity, and it's better to let ten spam emails get
through than to lose one important email to an inside user.

So to answer your question, yes, with the caveat that I only do this for
local_domain senders.

Regards,
--
*Art