Re: [exim] verify = header_syntax usage

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jethro R Binks
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] verify = header_syntax usage
On Thu, 31 May 2007, Renaud Allard wrote:

> Do much people here on this list use "verify = header_syntax usage" to
> deny messages. I was just looking at my logs and it seems most mails
> tagged by this kind of rule are ham. so I was wondering if/how people
> here use (or not) this ACL.

We do, but making a certain exception:

  ## header syntax error
  ## However, we allow the stupid Microsoft-generated To: header through
  deny  !verify    = header_syntax
         message   = Syntax error in the headers of your message.\n\
                     $acl_verify_message\n\
                     REFUSENOTICE
        condition  = ${if eq{$h_to:}{<Undisclosed-Recipient:;>}{no}{yes}}

When this traps real messages from real senders, and they query it (the
REFUSENOTICE macro tells them how), we tell them what the problem is and
how to fix it. They fix their broken client/formatting, and everyone has
progressed a little further through life.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK