Re: [exim] Accuracy of the DontObfuscate wiki page (was Re:…

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: John Burnham, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Accuracy of the DontObfuscate wiki page (was Re:Manualroute)

--On 24 May 2007 14:34:03 +0100 John Burnham <jpb15@???> wrote:

>> I recommend that we put this to a simple vote, with a ban on
>> commentary
>> along with votes, to avoid the heated tempers that often
>> arise when this
>> subject comes up.
>>
>> My vote: keep it the way it is (obviously -- I wrote that paragraph).
>>
> If you're going to get all democratic on us :)
> My vote: Keep it as it is.
> John

I say keep it as it is, but add an explanation: If you're asking a
question, it's presumably because you don't know how to answer it. If you
don't know how to answer it, you don't know whether the details that you're
obfuscating are relevant to answering the question. Sometimes, questions
can't be answered because relevant information is obfuscated.

Also, there's a middle way. Replace the quantifiers with vague quantifiers
such as "some", instead of trying to measure the amount.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex