Re: [exim] Manual route

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [exim] Accuracy of the DontObfuscate wiki page (was Re: Manual route)
Asunto: Re: [exim] Manual route
* on the Wed, May 23, 2007 at 05:09:10PM -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

> Mike Cardwell wrote:
>> I don't think this is possible within Exim it's self. You're probably
>> best off just sticking it in your hosts file. Eg /etc/hosts:
>>
>> 222.333.444.555 smtp1.mydomain.org
> I tried this some time ago, but apparently exim would still find the
> internal ip as opposed to the one set in /etc/hosts. I was thinking
> telling exim to use "gethostbyname()" would solve this, but I may be
> wrong and it could break other things.

Hmmm. That's annoying. If your box has iptables, you could do
something like this:

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d smtp1.mydomain.org --dport 25 -j DNAT --to-destination 222.333.444.555:25

That will redirect all outgoing connections originating from the box to
smtp1.mydomain.org on port 25 to 222.333.444.555 on port 25.

Mike

P.S. Can we have the wording on
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/DontObfuscate changed please. It currently
says:

"Many people on the Exim mailing lists refuse to answer questions posted
with obfuscated logs or configuration files. If you post obfuscated
details on the mailing list, you may receive a reply directing you to
this page. If you repost your question with unobfuscated logs and
configuration files, you are a lot more likely to get a helpful answer
from the members of the Exim mailing lists."

That's misleading. It should say:

"_A minority_ of people on the Exim mailing lists refuse to answer
questions posted with obfuscated logs or configuration files. If
you post obfuscated details on the mailing list, you may receive
a reply directing you to this page. If you repost your question
with unobfuscated logs and configuration files, you are _very
slightly_ more likely to get a helpful answer from the members
of the Exim mailing lists."