Re: [exim] Exchange groups?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Koopmann, Jan-Peter
Para: Derrick MacPherson, Wolfgang Hennerbichler
CC: Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exchange groups?
On Friday, May 18, 2007 9:52 AM Derrick MacPherson wrote:

>> Perhaps the callout function helps (of course I don't know what you
>> are trying to do, but it seems as if you want to make sure certain
>> addresses are valid).
>
> I'm trying to see if it's possible to have mailing lists in Exchange
> instead of using Mailman, or Majordomo, etc. (I believe in Exchange
> they are called distribution lists - though I don't know Exchange at
> all). Make sense?

Assuming we are talking about Exchange 2003 or 2007 you can get rid of LDAP and use the callout function. It will even be a bit quicker due to callout caching. Simply tell Exchange to not accept mail for unknown users/groups. Quite simple really. Why do you use LDAP for this? Besides having to open additional ports on your firewall it is rather complicated to achieve a simple thing.

Kind regards

Jan-Peter Koopmann