Re: [exim] exim4 + imap sent items

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 + imap sent items
On 5/15/07 7:53 AM, "Graeme Fowler" <graeme@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 15:40 +0200, Ireneusz Czajka wrote:
>> I have exim4 (4.63 from debian etch) and courier imap, and I have to
>> save messages sent by users into sent-items folder.
>> I use Maildir
>>
>> I understand that, filters can help me, but I don't know exactly how.
>
> They could, yes, but you'd be better off forcing your client's MUA
> software to save the message for them. It's a default setting for most
> clients these days, but differs from package to package.

One brain-dead client is the current Mail.app from Apple. (It seems to
issue the IMAP command for "where do folders go?" and then ignore the
result, whereupon it can't find the folders.

Looks like our solution page for the support techs didn't make it into the
publicly available pages.

Solution specific to Courier:

It's a straightforward setup, followed by a couple of important changes,
required if you want to have draft and sent messages saved on the server.
You will need to restart Mail to see your changes. Go to Mail > Preferences
> Accounts >Mailbox Behaviors to check those boxes. You can also save

deleted messages on the server.

In Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Advanced, check the box next to
'Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes', and for 'IMAP Path Prefix',
type "INBOX" (caps required).

(I should add the usual "without quotes" to that last.)

--John