Re: [exim] *Suspect* Re: DNS list lookup defer (probably ti…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] *Suspect* Re: DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout)
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 21:20 +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

*trim*

>> With all due respect, MLM-triggered 'bounces' are a special case, and nearly
>> always addressed differently than 'vanilla' bounces to 'postmaster'.
>
> did I mention the special case of "postmaster"? obviously *you* control
> how the postmaster address is used, and I don't think it is unreasonable
> to reject bounces (ie. from <>) to postmaster if the postmaster address
> is never used as sender. I'm explaining that you can not reject bounces
> to multiple recipients *in general*.

I don't see why not.

MLM's having been covered, how often does your server transmit the same message
with an envelope-from or sender that lists *multiple* local addresses as the source?

I'm not sure I even know how to make the average desktop MUA DO that.

So where would a *legitimate* bounce *get* the 'extra' senders to turn into
multiple recipients on the bounce going back to you?

Bill