Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...
Stefan Preuss wrote:

*snip*

> get that ACL thing working. The problem I see is that wildcards are not
> possible, furthermore I need to manage a lot of files in addition to my
> textfile because the disclaimer files alone won't give me the
> possibility to set up a router correctly, or is there a file test
> possibility I'm not aware of ?
>
> --
> Stefan

AFAIK, no harm is done if you attach an 'empty' disclaimer file - though it
should at least *exist* to avoid throwing an error.

Ergo - KISS.

Rather than 'test' for presence/absence, just 'touch' such a file as part of
your normal setup for ALL domains/client_firms/departments.

Separately, cut-in the actual disclaimer text IF/AS/WHEN furnished. 'Chron'
reports, for example, probably won't ever need such.

With a bit of care in re setting up ownership/group privileges, you can, if need
be, empower the legal department or a departmental admin person to
update/replace/change the disclaimer w/o intervention by the sysadmin or mailadmin.

These could also be stored in a DB or .dot-something file with separate access
control from the MTA proper - much as vacation messages are.

Bill