Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...
Stefan Preuss wrote:
> Tim Jackson schrieb:
>> Stefan Preuss wrote:
>>
>>> remote_smtp_disclaimer:
>>>    driver = smtp
>>> transport_filter ="/usr/local/bin/altermime \
>>> --input=- \
>>> --disclaimer=/etc/exim4/disclaimer/${acl_m0}.txt\
>>> --disclaimer-html=/etc/exim4/disclaimer/${acl_m0}.html \
>>> --log-syslog"
>>> size_addition = 2048
>> If you don't mind having a disclaimer file per domain (which is a good
>> thing in some circumstances), you could just use $sender_address_domain
>> directly in the remote_smtp_disclaimer. Like this:

>> remote_smtp_disclaimer:
>> transport_filter ="/usr/local/bin/altermime \
>> --input=- \
>> --disclaimer=/etc/exim4/disclaimer/$sender_address_domain.txt \
>>

>> Tim
>>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for your idea, that would be a last resort solution if I can't
> get that ACL thing working. The problem I see is that wildcards are not
> possible, furthermore I need to manage a lot of files in addition to my
> textfile because the disclaimer files alone won't give me the
> possibility to set up a router correctly, or is there a file test
> possibility I'm not aware of ?
>
> --
> Stefan

An aside - you have not specified that the user community for whom you wish to
add disclaimers are / are-not 'resident' on the mail server.

So long as they are NOT seen as such (i.e. are 'virtual' accounts, or
authorized relay host users, not 'shell' account holders) the
acl_smtp_<whatever> clauses apply.

Any that *are* seen as 'local' sources, including shell logins, chron jobs, web
forms, and some, but not all, 'webmail' tools, OTOH, would need to be handled in
acl_not_smtp clauses, as such traffic 'outbound' does not traverse the smtp
session phases or acl's *at all*.

It does, however, traverse router/transport sets.

Mailing List Managers, if any are in use, have their own settings for adding
'unsubscribe' and disclaimer footers. As these may be under separate
administration, greater certainty of compliance with corporate policy may be
gained if these are also managed in router/transport sets.

Though 'none of the above' may apply here at present, it should be simplest and
most robust overall to add disclaimers in router/transport sets, as they are
more easily made selectively OR universally applicable to all traffic traversing
Exim - now or after future changes/additions.

Further, forms and similar web'ish things, if any, must be looked at to insure
they are using Exim and not an independent smtp sending tool of their own, which
exist for tcl, python, perl, and many other toolsets used with web pages.

Keeping anything web-related on a separate server from the MTA is recommended if
at all possible.

HTH,

Bill