Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Stefan Preuss
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...
On Mon, 14 May 2007, Stefan Preuss wrote:

> From: Stefan Preuss <stefan.preuss@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:17:35 +0200
> Subject: [exim] Trouble with ACL Variables...
>
> I'm going mad while trying to use ACL variables. I have to add a
> disclaimer to every outgoing mail..We have some company's under one
> roof, so there are actually different disclaimers.
>
> So I thought it could be cool to use ACL variables and a lookup file to
> decide what disclaimer is written under what mail.
> This is what I put under acl_smtp_rcpt:
>
> warn
> set acl_m1 =
> ${lookup{$sender_address_domain}wildlsearch{/etc/exim4/disclaimer/disclaimer.txt}{$value}}
>
> AFAIK I should have acl_m0 containing the String "test".
> Later on, the transport I try to use looks like this, and it should call
> altermime with the right options... but acl_m0 seems to be empty ?!
> whats wrong here ?

Wild guess:

The manual says:

The values of those variables whose names begin with $acl_m
persist only while a message is being received. They are reset
afterwards. They are also reset by MAIL, RSET, EHLO, HELO, and
after starting up a TLS session.

so shouldn't you be using a connection variable (acl_c1) ?
                                                     ^
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101