Re: [exim] autoreply vacation complexity troubles

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] autoreply vacation complexity troubles
On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 16:38 +0200, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> > I just had another idea that might come handy: with the use of
> > $received_time one can define vacation messages until a specific
> > date, so the user doesn't need to deactivate that vacation thing
> > anymore :)
>
> Ah, yes that's handled in the provisioning system over here. I don't
> liked the idea to check every time an e-mail gets in, so I implemented
> it there...

yes, same here. our database (Cerebrum) even allows you to have several
vacation messages for different periods of time, so you may set it up
ahead of time. if the periods are overlapping, the message with the
newest start time is used. this means you could set up a six month
vacation, with a more specific message during a single week in the
middle.

--
Kjetil T.