Re: [exim] autoreply vacation complexity troubles

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] autoreply vacation complexity troubles
Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> VERY cool approach to save ldap ressources!

Since exim-4.50 (or so) this shouldn't make a difference, as lookups
(read: more than one lookup) are cached, or does it? I'm using a macro
to do the same lookup for routing information over and over again, and
it takes the result out of its cache.

Regarding the autoreply, maybe you also want to use your spamscanner to
decide whether to send reply messages or not. We do, and the "condition"
snippet looks something like this:

{or{ \
     {=={${extract{6}{:}{${lookup mysql{FLAG_QUERY}{$value}}}}} {0}} \
     {!def:acl_m6} \
     {<{${extract{1}{.}{$acl_m6}}} \
       {${extract{7}{:}{${lookup mysql{FLAG_QUERY}{$value}}}}}} \
}  } \

The 6th field of the FLAG_QUERY enables/disables the spamscanner, so if
it's disabled, the "or" evaluates to true, send the reply.

Next, acl_m6 stores our spamscore, (we're using SpamAssassin) if it's
not set, the mail hasn't been scanned. (because it's too large, or the
sender is in the user's whitelist, ...) True and reply, again.

Next, if the SA spamscore is lower than the threshhold in the database,
it has not been identified as spam for the user and we send the reply.

hth,
daniel