Re: [exim] Problems with sender being rewritten

Author: John W. Baxter
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with sender being rewritten
On 4/27/07 7:21 PM, "Wayne Pascoe" <anonymouslemming+gmail@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having problems with my sender's addresses being rewritten and I can't
> work out why or how to fix it.
>
> I have Exim setup on a server that hosts mail for about 5 domains. I've just
> migrated this from Fedora Core 4 to Centos 5.
>
> On the old system, when I sent mail from me@???, the return path
> was shown as <me@??? <user.email@???>>
>
> Since the upgrade, this is being set to
> <me@???<user.email@???>>.
> In addition to this, a Sender field is being added to the header of
> me@???
> <user.email@???> - almost the same as the return path
> but without the <>s

CentOS-5 has Exim 4.63. Fedora core 4 had something earlier (CentOS-4 had
4.43). In Exim 4.50 was this change:

9. Added the /retain_sender option to "control=submission" (and there was a
subsequent tune-up around 4.53 or so.

If you have a control=submission, you might try the /retain_sender option
(but read the spec first).

--John