[exim] Problems with sender being rewritten

Author: Wayne Pascoe
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Problems with sender being rewritten
Hi all,

I'm having problems with my sender's addresses being rewritten and I can't
work out why or how to fix it.

I have Exim setup on a server that hosts mail for about 5 domains. I've just
migrated this from Fedora Core 4 to Centos 5.

On the old system, when I sent mail from me@???, the return path
was shown as <me@??? <user.email@???>>

Since the upgrade, this is being set to
<me@???<user.email@???>>.
In addition to this, a Sender field is being added to the header of
me@???
<user.email@???> - almost the same as the return path
but without the <>s

I tried setting qualify_domain=adomain.com <http://mydomain.com>, but this
didn't help... After doing that, the return path for all mail from all
domains was set to user@??? , no matter what their e-mail address is
set to or which domain they are actually from.

Can anyone advise how I go about fixing this? The problem seems to be server
related because 10 different client machines (OS X 10.4.9 running mail.app)
are all behaving the same way.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne