Re: [exim] Exim4.66 sending all my emails to bulk, spam, jun…

Author: Arthur Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4.66 sending all my emails to bulk, spam, junk folder.
On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 03:39 -0700, Majid Khan wrote:
> Thanks Graeme for your prompt response.
>
> How would I check that my server is dynamic, DSl, dialup or other "consumer" access network?.
>
> What all I know is that my server has a dedicated IP which is 72.91.193.6 (mail.webstarts.info) and I have configured exim on that server.

mail.webstarts.info resolves to 72.93.193.6
72.93.193.6 resolves to static-72-91-193-6.tampfl.fios.verizon.net

This bumps up your score for several reasons:
- The forward and reverse DNS do not match (medium)
- The HELO string you give doesn't match the name returned by the DNS
(minor)
- The reverse domain name contains four consecutive numbers below 255
(major)
- The reverse domain name has five parts (medium)
- A .info domain. According to McAffee, mail from .info is more than
twice as likely to be spam as mail from .cn and .ro(!) (medium)
- The number of perceived spam already registered from this
domain/server. The more often mail is rejected, the more likely later
email is to be rejected. (progressive)

Have Verizon point the PTR record at mail.webstarts.info, and mail will
less likely be classified as spam. And stop sending test mails until
that's done, cause anything you send that gets classified as spam now
(right or wrong) will make future emails from the same server get a
higher score too.

Regards,
--
*Art