Re: [exim] Recieving mail with smarthost

Author: Exim Mailing List
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Recieving mail with smarthost
On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:18:03AM +0200, Han wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Am Running Exim4 -

I would guess that means Debian or Ubuntu. Just so that you know for
future reference, there is a specific Debian Exim4 mailing list mentioned
in the Debian readme file for the package.

> My setup is to use a smarthost - by the IP address 111.222.333.444

No it isn't, but never mind.

> The problem I have is that am not receiving any mail from the smarthost but

That is not a problem, it's how smarthosts work. You send email through a
smarthost.

> I am able to send out is there any additional program I must install to
> allow me to get my mail and how do I configure it. Or does EXIM do this
> without any additional programs?, If so can anyone let me know who to do
> this.

The server receives emails either by SMTP connection or by fetching via
getmail or fetchmail from another server.

> I have no problem with local mail moving between the server and other client
> machines and I also have no trouble sending mail out (for example to
> gmail.com) but I have trouble and cannot receive any mail from outside -
> Even though the mail is delivered to My smarthost as I receive a notice to
> let me know that it has been 24 hrs and the message sent from the outside
> server has not yet been delivered/collected by my server.

Is your server set up to receive SMTP emails?

Steven.
--
Sex is the mathematics urge sublimated.
        -- M. C. Reed.