Re: [exim] Microsoft Exchange Messages

Autor: Karl Dyson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Microsoft Exchange Messages

> Exchange "keeps hold" of any messages sent between internal
> users without using the SMTP virtual server, delivery is
> simply done internally for any domain it thinks that is is
> responsible for (either because it has been specifically
> added as a users e-mail address or set by a recipient policy)
>
> So unless you can get Exchange to somehow send a copy of the
> message out of the system Exim has absolutely no way of
> getting hold of it.
>
> I can only see 2 ways of doing this and both are a bit scruffy/messy.
>
> 1) Setup an external contact in exchange and set each user to
> forward to this contact by using the "Exchange" tab for each
> user in active directory.
>
> 2) Find a third party product that can access the Exchange
> server "journal". The journal is the official way of doing
> this for Exchange.

Exchange System Manager -> Servers -> SERVER -> Storage Group -> Mailbox
Store

Right click, Properties -> General Tab

Tick "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store"
and pick an address to send it to, archive@???, for
example?

Not sure if that does what you want?

This is in Exch2k3, but I'm sure I remember the functionality being
there in 2k as well.

Cheers,

Karl