Re: [exim] Exim 4.6x and amavisd-new

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Drav Sloan, Simon Faulkner
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim 4.6x and amavisd-new

--On 11 April 2007 14:43:27 +0100 Drav Sloan <holbs@???> wrote:

> Simon Faulkner wrote:
>>> Yes. In germany we have to add the disclaimer to any outgoing message

:-(

Of course, this is not a "disclaimer". It's an imprint (German
"impressum"), which is a kind of identifier.

>> Are you *sure*?
>>
>> Many people think that we have to do that in the UK now but if you read
>> carefully you don't actually *have* to.
>
> Read where? Where is the legislation online? I tried looking back in
> January, only to find it was not online at that time.
>
> Regards
>
> Drav.

It says that UK business email has to contain company details. I doubt
that Exim mailing list traffic qualifies as business email. It might if you
tried to recruit a postmaster through the list, or offered a bounty for a
bug-fix or a new feature.

On 14 January, I posted this on the matter:

The text of the 1985 act isn't available online, but the text of section
351 (which now applies to emails -
<http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20063429.htm>) has been posted to the
uk-mail-managers
mailing list: