Re: [exim] Domain Keys

Autor: Richard Clayton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Domain Keys
In message <91CAD6AB736DAE8E58B0E432@???>, Ian
Eiloart <iane@???> writes

>Why? If users here want their email forwarded to another account, they have
>to tell us about it.

yes of course

>It's not so much extra work for them to do something
>similar at the destination site.

That's a strange claim!

Why do you think BT, Demon, NTL, Earthlink or whatever would be in the
least bit interested in doing something special ? or want to know ?

I've just had a look at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/email/detail.php and
I can't see any warnings (or any way to tell Sussex) about email
forwarded _to_ that site....

... it's quite an achievement if people who are forwarding their email
remember to turn off the spam detection at the destination and thereby
reduce the backscatter! I recently did some figures on this and found
that 3.5% of the email coming into Demon was forwarded and 66% of it was
not accepted because it was spam.

Whether that 66% getting a 5xx meant a DSN was created by the sender
will of course depend upon the configuration of the sender... [cue:
something on-topic, how best to arrange NOT to generate a DSN after a
rewrite earlier on...]

Anyway, does Sussex monitor for people who cause this backscatter
whether they "do something similar" at the destination site or not ?

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin