Re: [exim] Domain Keys

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Domain Keys
On Tuesday 10 April 2007 19:00, Arthur Hagen wrote:
> I guess many people assume that e-mails with the same Message-ID will be
> treated as the same e-mail on the recipient side, in which case there
> won't be multiple copies. Which is wrong, but less wrong than not
> <hint>setting the Reply-To: to where you want your replies</hint>, in
> this case <exim-users@???>.

I think it's commonly accepted that there are two kinds of replies you can
make to a list posting: A list reply or followup, and a personal reply. Which
one does Reply-To refer to?

And if someone who is not subscribed posts, with Reply-To set to both the list
and his own mail address, and I send a reply accordingly, but with Reply-To
set to the list address alone, you still have to use "Reply to all", in which
case I *still* get an extra copy.

The fact is: The semantics of Reply-To is ambiguous and there is no good way
to tell the MUAs of others' whether you want to be CCd.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)