Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bob Rossi
Cc: pcre-dev
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] Mingw Memory mismatch problem
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:

> This is exactly what I see,
> $ sh -x ../pcre-7.1-RC4/RunTest
> + cf=diff -u
> + valgrind=
> + testdata=testdata
> + '[' -n '' -a -d '' ']'
> ++ ./pcretest -C
> ++ ./pcregrep 'Internal link size'
>
> BTW, not only does it hang, I swear it resizes my terminal somehow. (not
> the window but the LINE/COL if you know what I mean).

The line that is causing that is:

case `./pcretest -C | ./pcregrep 'Internal link size'` in

In other words, it's trying to set up a pipe. Could that be causing the
problem? Do pipes work in the same way as in Unix?

You could try rewriting this so as not to use a pipe. For example:

./pcretest -C >testtry
case `./pcregrep 'Internal link size' testtry` in

If that works, you will get another hang a little later, where there are
two similar commands that use pipes. They can be fixed in the same way.
(Indeed, there would be no need to run pcretest -C again.)

I see also that there's one more pipe in the script, down in the locale
test.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.