Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sheri
Cc: pcre-dev
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] Problem with "any" newline
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Sheri wrote:

> I am still having problems with RC4.
>
> My library default newline is any.

Are you sure that is really the case? Please run

pcretest -C

just to doublecheck.

> C:\pcre71RC4-EXP\build\.libs>pcretest
> PCRE version 7.1-RC4 2007-04-04
>
> re> /(?m)^$/g
> data> abc\r\n\r\n
> 0:
> 0:
> data>
> re> /(?m)^$/g<any>
> data> abc\r\n\r\n
> 0:
> data>

The second one works. The first is wrong, indeed. It looks like the
first one didn't somehow get the "any". It's worth using /g+ rather than
just /g, to make it show the remainder of the subject so you can see
exactly where it matched.

Thank you for doing this kind of exhaustive testing. It helps towards a
better end product. I will myself do a build with "any" to see if I can
reproduce this behaviour.

> BTW, there are various ".exe" files in my build dir (including a
> "pcretest.exe") that are unreasonably small and do not work. The ones in
> my .libs dir do work. I don't know if "make check" might be trying to
> run the ones in the build dir (current dir while building), but the
> "pcretest.exe" there does hang my DOS window if I try to run it.

'fraid I can't help with that - Windows expert needed.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.