Re: [exim] How to allow spamassassin to add headers?

Author: Chris Lear
To: exim-users
CC: Carlo Wood
Subject: Re: [exim] How to allow spamassassin to add headers?
* Carlo Wood wrote (03/04/07 15:17):
> In order to keep track of what spamassassin is doing,
> I want to add a full spamassassin report to every mail,
> even those that are not tagged as spam.

[...]
> Normally I can do this by adding the following to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> add_header all Bayes "Hammy tokens: _HAMMYTOKENS(8)_\nSpammy tokens: _SPAMMYTOKENS(8)_"
> add_header all Status "_YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTSSCORES(,)_ version=_VERSION_"
>
> but for some reason these headers do not appear in my mails with
> this new setup with exim4 (before this I used qmail with qmail-scanner).
>
> Can someone tell me how I can get spamd to add those headers again,
> or where I can find the documentation explaining how to do so?

Exim puts the content of the spamassassin "report" into $spam_report. So
you need to fix your spamassassin config to change what's in the report.
The spamassassin documentation should help
(http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
- see under TEMPLATE TAGS, clear_report_template and report). The actual
output from spamassassin is ignored by exim, as you've gathered.

Chris