Re: [exim] Exim gets constantly the same mail, sent from ou…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ian FREISLICH
CC: exim-users, Magnus Holmgren
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim gets constantly the same mail, sent from our customer (gagabay)
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Ian FREISLICH wrote:

> Is it safe to abandon the mail after crlf.crlf when the connection
> has vanished?

Yes. A server that has not sent the OK is not deemed to have accepted
the message.

> Can fgetc(), ungetc() and ferror() not be abused to test this or
> does exim not use FILE * streams on its socket? It won't be safe
> if there's a mixture of fgets/read.

TLS, TLS, TLS...

But even without that, the answer is no. If the connection has not gone
away, fgetc() will sit and wait for input. We don't want to do that. In
fact, if there is input data there after crlf.crlf, it is a protocol
error...