Re: [exim] UTF8 and autoreply transport

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] UTF8 and autoreply transport
On Friday 30 March 2007 18:26, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> the text for the autoreply is stored in UTF8 in our system. But exim
> seems to send it as 7bit/iso-8859-1. How can I tell exim to use UTF8?

You have to add headers like these yourself (set the headers option of the
autoreply transport):

If you suspect that some recipient can't handle 8bit messages you have to
store the message pre-encoded.

It would be nice if the headers could be stored in the same file. This could
be implemented as an option called e.g. "file_includes_headers".

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)