Re: [exim] [Fwd: Re: authentication]

Author: Michael Rouba
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Fwd: Re: authentication]

Michael Rouba schrieb:
> Hello Marco,
> thanks for all your help, it helped .)
>
> Not directly indeed but in the final conclusion it helped.
>
> I now have a /etc/exim4/passwd file with the [user:user:password]
> content. The trick is: cramMD5 uses the 3rd part of the file for
> pasword check while plaintext via tls uses the 2nd part to watch out
> for the userpassword.
>
> Plaintext via TLS still not work on my machine, although i have a cert
> and it is toggled on in the config. Anyway, now i can close the server
> for relaying all nets but not for authenticated users.
>
> Just one, ugly problem left:
> Some email-addresses in the /etc/email-addresses file are written on
> the envelop, and some not. Exampel:
>
> The real domain of the system is "my-domain.com". It has also a
> virtualdomain "virtual-domain.com"
>
> # content of the /etc/email-addresses
> user1: mail@ forgeindomain.com
> user2: mail@???
>

> user1 is been perfectly enveloped. Means: The Mails are sent with the
> right "from:"envelop mail@???. It could be even
> mail@??? or anything else.
>
> But using the virtual domains for envelop, does not work. The "from:"
> header is filled with the real-domain of the system.
> mail@???.
>
> Is'nt that strange?

I found in the logs, that the DNS lookup form the smarthost must be
reasonable for it. It looks up the sender Domain (virtual-domain.com)
that points of course to the ip of my root server, who is in reverse
host.my-domain.com. So how can i prevent it? Or better: how can i
ensure, that the senders address is always the account@????