[exim] [Fwd: Re: authentication]

Author: Michael Rouba
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] [Fwd: Re: authentication]
Hello Marco,
thanks for all your help, it helped .)

Not directly indeed but in the final conclusion it helped.

I now have a /etc/exim4/passwd file with the [user:user:password]
content. The trick is: cramMD5 uses the 3rd part of the file for pasword
check while plaintext via tls uses the 2nd part to watch out for the
userpassword.

Plaintext via TLS still not work on my machine, although i have a cert
and it is toggled on in the config. Anyway, now i can close the server
for relaying all nets but not for authenticated users.

Just one, ugly problem left:
Some email-addresses in the /etc/email-addresses file are written on the
envelop, and some not. Exampel:

The real domain of the system is "my-domain.com". It has also a
virtualdomain "virtual-domain.com"

# content of the /etc/email-addresses
user1: mail@ forgeindomain.com
user2: mail@???

user1 is been perfectly enveloped. Means: The Mails are sent with the
right "from:"envelop mail@???. It could be even
mail@??? or anything else.

But using the virtual domains for envelop, does not work. The "from:"
header is filled with the real-domain of the system.
mail@???.

Is'nt that strange?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------