Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Sheri wrote:

> I guess if you used my exact configuration, you caught that I disable
> static (not shared).

Indeed I did. I copy-and-pasted from your email.

> Rebuilt 7.0 from scratch, created pcretest.exe and ran the RunTest.bat
> file. All tests compared without error with the exception of French
> locale in test3. I altered the testinput3 and testoutput3 to reference
> locale "french" instead of "fr-FR". I then reran test3 and compared with
> the altered testoutput3. Most discrepancies were eliminated; I've zipped
> the two files and will send to you offlist.

I replied offlist, but I might as well say it again here: It seems
inevitable that some of these tests won't agree because different
systems seem to have different ideas about character properties in the
French (and no doubt other) locales. For example, your tests show that
your environment thinks characters with hex codes 83, 8a, 8c, 9a, 9c,
9e, 9f are "word" characters in your french locale. These characters are
control characters in ISO 8859-1 and Unicode, and therefore not "word"
characters in my fr_FR locale.

> If there is any way the locale "french" could be used for testing on
> Windows, that would be desirable, as most people think this feature is
> simply not compatible with Windows.

Do people actually use locales on Windows? I mean specifically for
character codes? (Not for things like whether to use . or , as a decimal
point.) I thought there was a trend towards using Unicode for
everything, thereby bypassing the locale problems.

> Endeavored to create a 7.1RC3 by copying new source files from 7.1RC3 to
> 7.0. This time I renamed a few RC3 files first.
> renamed pcre.h.in to pcre.h
> renamed ucptable.h to ucptable.c

That, I think, is the mistake! The references to ucptable.c were also
changed.

> ./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:48:54: ucptable.h: No such file or directory

Rename it back to ucptable.h and try again.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.