Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Góra strony
Autor: Sheri
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Sheri wrote:
>

>>> I wonder if the --disable-stack-for-recursion might be influencing the
>>> malloc things? Have you tried without that?
>>>

>> Hi Philip,
>>
>> No, but have you tried compiling with it?
>>

> Yes. Previously I always did a check of that by hand, and now my
> standard set of tests, which I have incorporated into a script, includes
> tests with --disable-stack-for-recursion. However, I see that that
> particular test also includes --disable-shared. I'll add a test with
> exactly your configuration, and see what happens...
>
> It compiles and runs the basic tests without any problems. This is on
> Linux, of course.

Hi Philip,

I guess if you used my exact configuration, you caught that I disable
static (not shared).

Here's what I've done since yesterday:

I built 7.1RC3. make check still doesn't work. Used RunTest.bat and got
results comparable to my outputs from RC2 (except for the news tests
you've added).

Rebuilt 7.0 from scratch, created pcretest.exe and ran the RunTest.bat
file. All tests compared without error with the exception of French
locale in test3. I altered the testinput3 and testoutput3 to reference
locale "french" instead of "fr-FR". I then reran test3 and compared with
the altered testoutput3. Most discrepancies were eliminated; I've zipped
the two files and will send to you offlist. If there is any way the
locale "french" could be used for testing on Windows, that would be
desirable, as most people think this feature is simply not compatible
with Windows.

Endeavored to create a 7.1RC3 by copying new source files from 7.1RC3 to
7.0. This time I renamed a few RC3 files first.
renamed pcre.h.in to pcre.h
renamed ucptable.h to ucptable.c
renamed pcre_chartables.c.dist to pcre_chartables.c
then copied *.c and *.h into pcre-7.0
ran my usual configure command:
CFLAGS='-O3 -s' ./configure --enable-utf8 --enable-newline-is-any
--enable-unicode-properties --disable-stack-for-recursion
--disable-static --disable-cpp
ran make
It quit with an "Error 1" before creating the library :(

partial console output from make:
[...]
pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.o
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:48:54: ucptable.h: No such file or directory
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c: In function `_pcre_ucp_findprop':
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:85: error: `ucp_table' undeclared (first use in
this function)
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:85: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:85: error: for each function it appears in.)
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c: In function `_pcre_ucp_othercase':
./pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c:141: error: `ucp_table' undeclared (first use
in this function)
make: *** [pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.o] Error 1

Regards,
Sheri