[pcre-dev] State of the SVN repository

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Daniel Richard G.
To: pcre-dev
題目: [pcre-dev] State of the SVN repository
I'd like to make some comments on the SVN repository. I've pulled it down
for the first time (been working from tarballs till now), and see some
matters in need of attention.

In no particular order:

* Need to either drop the LICENSE file, or replace it with a short "Please
see licensing terms in COPYING" message. Having two copies of the
software license is asking for trouble.

* All the files generated/added by the autogen bootstrap (configure,
install-sh, etc.) need to be removed, as those don't belong in a
versioned repository. Human-edited files only. (Standard MO is to pull
down the repository, and have autogen.sh generate everything needed.)

* The autogen.sh file needs to be marked as executable.

Also: Nigel mentioned that Exim has a commit script enforcing version-tag
properties---that would probably be good to have here as well. I'm less in
favor of enforcing no tabs, but something guarding against trailing
whitespace would be nice to throw in.

--Daniel

--
NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = skunk@???        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /