Re: [exim] data acl

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data acl
On Thursday 22 March 2007 10:40, Joseph wrote:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 March 2007 19:38, Terry wrote:
> >> I have put
> >>
> >> deny    message = Messages with embedded images are not allowed\
> >>         \n ONLY by prior arrangement! \
> >>         \n Send plaintext message first to arrange.
> >>           !sender_domains = /usr/local/etc/exim/exim.whitelist

> Would this not need to look like this?
>          !sender_domains = search;/usr/local/etc/exim/exim.whitelist

(I assume you meant lsearch.) No, that's not the same; see the spec § 10.3. If
you put a plain file name where a domain list or other kind of list is
expected, it's read and each line interpreted as one list item. Lookups, like
lsearch, on the other hand, follow other rules, which you find the details of
in chapter 9.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)