[exim] exim with clamav

Author: Emin Islam Tatli
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] exim with clamav
Hi,

I try to integrate clamav in my exim configuration.

as av_scanner I could not manage using clamd and always got the error "
clamd: unable to read from socket (No such file or directory)", even
though the files and directories existed (pid and ctl files).

Then I swicthed to commanline version and defined av_scanner as follows:

av_scanner = cmdline:/usr/local/bin/clamscan --disable-summary
--max-files=100 --threads=5 --stdout %s: FOUND:.*::(.+)FOUND$

and the exim ACL:

# Reject virus infested messages.
 deny  message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
       demime = *
       malware = *

in /etc/group
mail:x:12:postfix,clamav (mail is the exim user group)

I send eicar sample viruses, but they are not caught by clamav. :-(
I do not get any error but the eicar virus is not caught and the
email is sent to inbox. How can I check what happens in this virus scan
of clamscan? /var/log/mail, /var/log/exim/main.log,
/tmp/clamd.log include nothing for this clamscan. I am not sure if
virus scanning is really executed or not.

When I use clamscan in shell to test a eisar.com test virus, clamscan finds it.

My spam ACLs with spamassassin work fine.

What can be the problem, any idea?

Thanks in advance,