Re: [exim] 3.34 time zone change

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 3.34 time zone change
On Thursday 15 March 2007 11:55, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> > Timezone change? Presumably he means the US daylight savings changes. My
> > guess is that Exim (any version) gets its time from the operating system,
> > so it's the operating system that needs attention.
>
> I didn't see where the original poster was from, but the rules for DST
> changes in the USA changed, and some operating systems needed updates to
> ensure they handled it properly.

But all timestamps should include the offset from UTC, so that they can be
converted to UTC or local time, DST or not. That's why I'm curious as to
exactly how Jason perceived that the mail appeared to be received one hour
before it was sent.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)