Re: [exim] zone_data expansion oddity

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Derek Buttineau
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] zone_data expansion oddity
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Derek Buttineau wrote:

> I did actually include output from the tests in my original posting
> (I had simply translated the client's domain to a generic one). I'll
> send you the unedited output off list

Thank you. There was indeed a bug. I have fixed it, committed the
patch to CVS (so it will be in tonight's snapshot), and added test for
this case to the test suite.

The specific bug was that, if a host name generated multiple IP
addresses (either by /mx or from a DNS lookup), and the following name
was the local host, all but the first IP address of the first name got
deleted along with the local (and subsequent) addresses.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.