Re: [exim] reject html letters and gif attachments!

Author: Vladimir Koshelenko
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] reject html letters and gif attachments!
Здравствуйте.

В сообщении от 13 марта 2007 unaos написал(a):
> good morning my dear brothers of spam fighting corps.! :D
> now my problem is going panic state - flooded over with spam so making
> some cardinal decisions.
> and at first - plain text letters only, what will you say. is your
> experience showed good results or it's not worth because of users feel
> ungood ?
> and filter image attachemetns the second.
>
> i'm using exim 4.62 on gentoo with exiscan and exiscan-acl flags enabled.
>
> how can be that possible and released ?

Filtering HTML seems as bad idea. Indeed you can - if you want to loose half
of mail from outside.

Filtefing image attachments is easy. If your Exim built with 'demime' check,
just add on top of DATA ACL this:

  deny
      message     = Images not allowed, please zip them before send.
      demime      = gif:jpg

It helps as emmergency. If you want some advansed spam filtering - read Exim
manual and this document http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/