[exim] too many concurrent smtp

Author: jean-paul natola
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] too many concurrent smtp
Hi everyone,

I guess this is kind of self-explanatory, HOWEVER i would like to verify one
other thing-

here's the error
njdmta04.acml.com #4.0.0 X-Postfix; host
mail.familycareintl.org[68.167.21.154] refused    to talk to me: 421 Too
many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again    later

We had a "consultant" send a newsletter out from from our webhosters server-
and naturally they added every employee's email address to the "news blast"
is it safe to assume that this was the cause of the "too many smtp
connections"-

is there a way to verify this?

TIA