Re: [exim] different smtp_accept_max_per_host

Author: Peter Farmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] different smtp_accept_max_per_host
Frank DeChellis DSL wrote:
> Hi there, we're using Exim 4.66
> Right now I have smtp_accept_max_per_host set to 4 but we have several
> large providers in our area who seems to max out quickly when connecting
> tous, causing delays in email etc etc.
> Is there a way to change for smtp_accept_max_per_host type of action for
> these hosts while still subjecting them to spam and virus filtering?
> Thanks
> Frank
> Frank DeChellis
> Internet Access Worldwide
> 3 East Main Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3W4
> 905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524

Ok, I think you can do something like this:

smtp_accept_max_per_host =

and then in /usr/exim/smtp_accept_max_per_host.hosts you put something
like this:

Which means gets 10 connections, and everyone else gets 2.
You can then just keep adding IP addresses with additional connections
at the top.

I think I've got the syntax, but if its wrong, please correct me.

Peter Farmer