Summary: sender_domains failure
I've had 2 issues now where I feel this is a bug and noone in the mailing list
could give me a reason why this is failing. Essentially I'm seeing issues with
using the sender_domains parameter. For example, in one instance I've tried
matching the sender domain against my list of domains I relay for. I do not
want to allow email from a domain I am the MX for.
So I tried this:
deny sender_domains = +relay_to_domains
It denies all legitimate mail instead. My understanding is that sender_domains
is the envelope sender of any given email coming in. The above would assume
that the sender_domain matched a domain in my relay domains list and would deny
it. Instead it denies emails from senders that don't match as well as senders
that match. I know the list is fine, because I use it through out.
Another instance is where I have a whitelisted domains list. I have an allow
where sender_domains = +whitelisted_domains. What ends up happening is an open
I very confused why either of these would not work.