Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Author: Dan_Mitton
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] There is no thread
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection
Hey, my topic got hi-jacked !! :-) This is an interesting thread, but if
it continues, can it please be moved to it own thread. Thanks!

Sent by:        exim-users-bounces@???
To:     <exim-users@???>
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

Arthur Hagen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 16:34 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> >
> > With exim, it is a good idea not to start queue runners from cron.
>
> Why, exactly? Please be technical. For a machine that
> doesn't need an
> smtp listener, it frees up having an unnecessary daemon running except
> at queue run time. That is, to my knowledge, the preferred way of
> running both exim and sendmail on a system without an SMTP listener.

Without a daemon, some of the queue config options like queue_run_max
won't work
(there's no daemon to keep track of the queue runners). This may or may
not
concern you.